A Combination Massage is a massage integrating more than one style or massage modality. It can combine techniques from Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, reflexology, trigger point therapy and hot stone. These combinations are used to tailor the massage towards your personal preferences and specific needs.
What should you expect during a combination massage?
During a combination massage, you will lie unclothed on a massage bed, covered with towels. The therapist will likely ask you which parts of the body you’d like to focus on – it’s totally fine to choose an overall body massage.
The therapist will use their expertise to combine techniques from multiple massage types to best benefit your specific needs. This blend of techniques should relieve stress and tension in your body, and provide pain relief if needed.
What are the benefits of a combination massage?
A combination massage is a great choice for someone not as familiar with massage. It can help you discover your preferred massage technique in one quick session. Or, allow you to enjoy multiple modalities at once.
In addition, certain combinations are said to amplify the healing effects of massage. For example, a Swedish massage combined with a hot stone may increase circulation and metabolism quicker than using only one style.
How do you know which styles the massage will include?
A therapist will use her discretion in tailoring a massage based on your individual needs. Before the massage, don’t be shy in communicating your goals of the massage – such as relaxation or relief of tension. During the massage, tell your therapist if you find a particular style that you like or dislike. You can also check with the day spa or massage place beforehand to find out which modalities a combination massage tends to include.
Prices for Combination Foot and Body Massage
60 minutes $60.00
( 15 min Head, Shoulder Arms and Hands + 20 min Feet + 25 min Back with Oil )
75 minutes $75.00
( 15 min Head, Shoulder Arms and Hands + 25 min Feet + 35 min Back with Oil )
( 15 min Head, Shoulder Arms and Hands + 30 min Feet + 45 min Back with Oil )
Near Cajun Field 3205 Johnston Street Lafayette La 70503. Massage Therapy 30 Minutes $40.00 60 minutes $60.00 90 minutes $90.00
After a fun-filled day celebrating Mardi Gras, listening to vibrant jazz in Cajun Field and exploring The Street of Lafayette , treat your body to a massage after a fun-filled day celebrating Mardi Gras, treat your body to a massage at Louisiana Massage Therapy Clinic at 3205 Johnston Street Lafayette Louisiana 70503.
Licensed Massage Therapists available Monday through Sunday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Acupressure, like its close cousin acupuncture, is a medicinal method that emerged from traditional Chinese medicine, and has been part of the alternative or complementary medical world for a long time. And studies may indicate that it has real medical value in specific situations — even if it’s just a placebo effect or the product of a calming environment.Acupressure works by targeting certain pressure points on the body with steady force (acupuncture uses a needle, while acupressure merely uses fingers) and is thought in Chinese medicine to be a way ofregulating bodily energy ,aiding disease healing and helping health. Even if you don’t buy into ideas about energy and flow, however, the idea of targeted massage, whether by yourself or others, at particular acupressure points across the body has been extensively researched, and it reveals some intriguing possibilities for helping sleep, stress, and nausea in particular.
“There are acupuncture points all around the body on the meridian lines that have different uses and effects, The points help balance the body’s energy flow (qi). Acupressure is when these points are stimulated through applying pressure.” It’s suggested that placing force on some acupressure points actually helps the body because it stimulates the same brain pathways as pain relief drugs. A study in 2015 from Georgetown noted that applying pressure to a particular acupressure point on ratsreduced activity in one of the brain’s stress pathways and may therefore reduce pain, but it’s unknown whether this same mechanism occurs in humans. Whether this is true or not, when you delve into the science of acupressure’s efficacy, you start to discover it’s more than it might appear.
Louisiana Massage Therapy Clinic with Chunying Li from Harbin China. Chunying is a Licensed Chinese Massage Therapists in Lafayette Louisiana. Chunying is a new generation of Chinese Massage Therapist from China offering Authentic Chinese Massage Therapy Techniques.
Many people might know her working with her sister in the Breaux Bridge massage shop. Now you can get your massage in Lafayette at 3205 Johnston Street. Lafayette Louisiana 70503.
Allot of places want to try and give Authentic Chinese Massages but the Therapists are not Chinese. Here At Louisiana Massage Therapy Clinic Chunying Li is the Face of Louisiana Chinese Massage Techniques and her natural skills and Chinese Heritage going back to 2700 BCE.
There’s only on way to see who can give the Best Massages in Lafayette by coming to schedule a appointment with Chunying Li. Let the massage show you we are the Best in Lafayette Louisiana.
Hot stone massage is a natural therapy in which warmed stones are positioned on parts of the client’s body of to maximize the therapeutic benefit. The stones used are typically river rocks or other very smooth-surfaced stones made of basalt. These stones are heated in sanitizing water before use.
The high iron content in basalt helps the stones retain heat during the massage. Hot stone massages are beneficial on both physical and psychological levels.
Helps relieve muscle tension and pain
Muscles that are tight and tense are much harder to penetrate during a massage. By placing these stones along the tense spots in your body, the muscles are loosened and relaxed, thereby allowing your massage therapist to really heal, lengthen, and soothe those areas, without greatly increasing the pressure of the massage. Essentially, the warmed stones allow your massage therapist to do his or her job more readily and effectively while still maintaining your greatest comfort.
Typically, a massage therapist allows the heated stones to rest on trigger points in your body before beginning the actual massage. As the heat from the stones penetrates into your deeper body tissues, your blood vessels open, resulting in improved circulation. Poor circulation can lead to fatigue, which tenses the muscles, and a buildup of fluid and lactic acid in the muscles. Increased circulation delivers more oxygen to the muscles, which can help ease aches and pains.
Massage therapy can result in mental benefits as well as physical ones in many people. You may find that the relaxation afforded to you through a hot stone massage helps ease some of your mental stress and tension. A hot stone massage may also help you combat some of the symptoms of anxiety disorders and depression. While massage therapy is not a substitute for traditional medical or psychiatric care, it can be an integral part of your treatment plan.
In order to book your appointment with us please schedule on line at www.Lafayettemassagetherapy.info or Call 337-909-0440.
Massage therapy is a treatment approach which is growing in demand and popularity. It was once considered an alternative or fringe approach, but it is now becoming much more mainstream. More importantly, now that massage therapy is considered a mainstream treatment option, many insurance companies provide coverage for treatment sessions. This form of therapy involves hands-on techniques to increase circulation, relieve tension, reduce stress, relieve anxiety, improve sleep, and promote relaxation throughout the entire body, as well as many other benefits. The body’s soft tissue areas include the muscles, tendons, connective tissue, etc. If someone is tense and in need of a release, or they have been injured and have extensive muscle and/or nerve tissue damage that plagues their body, massage therapy might be worth exploring. Here are some benefits of massage therapy.
1. It Is Relaxing– When the body is tense and under stress, it produces unhealthy levels of the well-known stress hormone, cortisol, which can contribute to weight gain, sleeplessness, digestive problems, and headaches. Massage therapy has been shown to decrease cortisol levels in the body. This enables the body to enter a recovery mode. Moreover, this form of therapy also triggers lasting feelings of relaxation, improved mood, and reduced stress levels.
2. It Reduces Stress– Not only can massage therapy help with stress relief, but regular massage sessions over a prolonged period of time can boost energy levels, reduce pain, and stimulate individuals on physical as well as emotional levels.
3. It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure– Regular massage therapy sessions have been found to reduce blood pressure levels. In fact, some long-term studies have shown that a consistent massage program can reduce both systolic (upper number) and diastolic (lower number) blood pressure. Moreover, it can also reduce cortisol levels within the body. Furthermore, consistent massage sessions can also reduce trigger sources for anxiety, hostility, tension, and depression. In turn, lower blood pressure levels can also reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, and/or kidney failure, as well as many other health issues.
4. It Promotes Muscle Relaxation– The purpose of massage therapy is to target the source of the body’s pain via eliminating tense muscles, increasing flexibility, and providing relaxation to the affected muscles as well as the body as a whole. Massage also promotes circulation to the affected or injured muscles, which increases nutrients and oxygen to the damaged tissues. In turn, this increased activity to the affected sites reduces stiffness and edema (swelling) in the muscles and joints, as well as increases flexibility to help reduce pain. Moreover, this form of therapy also releases endorphins (pain-killing hormones), which boost the dopamine and serotonin levels in the body. These hormones assist the body in many ways–physically as well as emotionally. Case in point, they promote healing, pain management, and feelings of euphoria, as well as help to calm the nerves.
5. It Can Help Improve Circulation– The long-term benefits of massage therapy are not to be underestimated. Improved circulation is part of a snowball effect that occurs in the body as a result of receiving regular massage therapy on a consistent basis. This is because proper circulation brings damaged, stiff, and tense muscles the rich blood supply they need to promote healing.
Moreover, massage also promotes improved circulation via the use of hands-on pressure, which moves the blood through the damaged and congested areas of the body. In turn, the release of this same pressure causes new blood to flow into tissues. Furthermore, the squeezing, twisting, and pulling action of the massage technique also removes lactic acid from the muscle tissues. As a result, this action improves the lymph fluid circulation, which carries metabolic waste products away from internal organs and muscles. In turn, this results in lower blood pressure levels and improved overall body function.
6. It Can Help Improve Posture– Many Americans experience back, neck, and muscle pain from a variety of sources. However, the primary cause of this pain results from poor posture. In fact, chronic back pain, which is the number one reason for missed work days and second most common cause of disability, is often the result of incorrect or poor posture while standing and/or sitting. Moreover, being overweight, poor posture, and repetitive or overuse movements can also contribute to the strain on the back and other potential problem areas. As a result, the added strain often causes spasms, pain, and tense muscles in the hips, glutes, back, neck, and legs.
Massage therapy can help get the body back into proper alignment. In fact, improving one’s posture can be one of the most beneficial and relaxing aspects of massage therapy. Massage allows the body to relax and loosen the muscles made tense and sore via bad posture. In turn, this allows the body to position itself in its organic and pain-free posture. As part of a consistent massage therapy program, the body’s muscles are loosened and relaxed. Moreover, the joints have greater freedom, flexibility, range of motion, and pressure points are relieved. As a result, the body is able to position itself in an organic and healthy posture. In short, massage therapy helps to correct the positions and movements developed over time as a reaction to pain.
7. It Can Help Strengthen the Body’s Immune System– Regular massage sessions provide many benefits to the human body. It is a well-known fact that individuals who experience high levels of stress are more vulnerable to illness and injury. When stress is combined with sleep disturbances and poor nutrition, the impact is directed at the body’s immune system. Its ability to naturally protect itself against infections, pathogens, and bacteria is greatly reduced. Some might wonder how massage therapy benefits the immune system. Studies have indicated that regular massage sessions not only help reduce stress, but can also boost the immune system’s cytotoxic capacity (activity level of the body’s natural “killer cells”) and enhances the body’s ability to deliver nourishment. Moreover, massage therapy can be a great addition to any exercise program. Much like regular exercise can keep the body fine-tuned, regular massage therapy can help keep the immune system strong and resilient.
Once considered an alternative or fringe approach, massage therapy is now much more mainstream and growing in popularity. More importantly, now that massage therapy is considered a mainstream treatment option, many insurance companies provide coverage for treatment sessions. This form of therapy involves hands-on techniques to increase circulation, relieve tension, reduce stress, relieve anxiety, improve sleep, and promote relaxation throughout the entire body, as well as many other benefits.