For Massage Therapy YOU MUST WEAR MASK
Louisiana Massage Therapy Board “Licensed ” Establishment – E4149
We are taking appointments by phone and text at 337-909-0440.
All customers must wear mask while in building, Answer COVID questions and have temperature check when entering the building.
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the U.S. in the past 21 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled on a cruise ship in the last 21 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
Our mission at Louisiana Massage Therapy Clinic is to provide a calm and welcoming atmosphere so that you can benefit from our professional, therapeutic treatments. All Of our therapists are registered, each with a unique skill set, and individual massage style. We use a variety of techniques to treat a wide array of conditions and injuries, while also minimizing stress to restore optimum health.
Incorporating spa inspired luxuries into our clinic and treatments allow you to leave feeling relaxed and regenerated each and every visit. Comfortable massage tables, aromatherapy oils and Hot Rocks are just a few of the features that set us apart from many other clinics. We take pride in ensuring our clinic is at the highest standard of sanitation and cleanliness, and welcome you to visit our tranquil, Gulf coast inspired clinic to experience it for yourself.
Walk-in Welcome – Best to call before you leave to come to make sure we have Licensed Massage Therapist available
Massage Therapy Prices for Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish Massage, Shiatsu Massage, Full Body Massage , Chinese Massage, Asian Bodywork Therapy , Tui Na Massage, Therapeutic Massage, Sports Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Acupressure massage Trigger Point Therapy
Swedish Massage (Relaxing Massage)
The most common type of massage is Swedish massage therapy. It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles. This is also combined with movement of the joints. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing. And it may even help after an injury.
Four common strokes of Swedish massage are:
- Effleurage: a smooth, gliding strokes right used to relax soft tissue
- Petrissage: the squeezing, rolling, or kneading that follows effleurage
- Friction: deep, circular movements that cause layers of tissue to rub against each other, helping to increase blood flow and break down scar tissue
- Tapotement: a short, alternating tap done with cupped hands, fingers, or the edge of the hand
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage is best for giving attention to certain painful, stiff “trouble spots” in your body. The massage therapist uses slow, deliberate strokes that focus pressure on layers of muscles, tendons, or other tissues deep under your skin. Though less rhythmic than other types of massage, deep tissue massage may be therapeutic — relieving chronic patterns of tension and helping with muscle injuries, such as back sprain.
What is a Full Body Massage?
Full Body Massage
Massage involves the rubbing and manipulating of muscles, tendons, skin and ligaments. Massage has moved beyond the walls of your favorite spa to medical settings, such as clinics and hospitals. A full body massage offers multiple benefits, both physically and psychologically. Consult a physician before having a massage if you have medical conditions, such as cancer, fractures, blood clots, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis or if you are pregnant.
A massage reduces stress levels in most people. Massage may also help manage or reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression. While no studies prove that massage reduces depression symptoms, some people with depression feel that their symptoms decrease after massage. Massage Professionals reports that massage offers other benefits for your well-being, such as better sleep, increased energy, better concentration and less fatigue.
Full Body Massage
A full body massage can relieve pain and stiffness in the body according to Massage Professionals. The full body massage may release endorphins, which act as a pain reliever. Massage sometimes helps relieve migraine pain. Muscles that are tired, overused or otherwise sore are able to relax and soften through the massage. A massage may help an athlete’s sore muscles after a hard workout or benefit a sports injury.
Massage Professionals states that massage can increase circulation by assisting oxygen and nutrients to reach tissues and organs. A massage may help control blood pressure. While these benefits may offer positive medical benefits, you should continue regular medical care with your health care professional, particularly if you have a medical condition.
What is a Chinese Massage ?
Massage has been a central part of Chinese medicine for thousands of years, with records stretching back as far as the 2nd century BCE. Unlike Deep tissue or Sports Massage which focus on releasing tight muscular knots by targeting blood flow to the area, Chinese Massage techniques also aim to promote overall health by easing the flow of energy, or “qi”, around the body.
What is Qi?
Qi (or ch’i) literally translates as “breath” or “air”, and is used to refer to the “life force” or “energy flow” that is within every living thing. It is a holistic philosophy that permeates many elements of Chinese culture, from martial arts to calligraphy. Even if you don’t directly subscribe to Eastern philosophies, you might understand this principle as the desire to find a sense of calmness and balance in your daily life.
Traditional Chinese medicine asserts that the body has its own natural patterns of qi that flow through channels, called meridians. Imbalances and blockages in these channels, as well as deficiencies of qi in key organs, are understood to cause the symptoms of many illnesses. Imbalances can be gently corrected through a variety of techniques, including nutrition, exercise, acupuncture and massage.
Chinese Massage techniques
There are two main types of Chinese massage.
- Tui Na (pronounced “twee na”) has some similarities to a Deep tissue massage , and uses kneading, chopping and stretching motions to relieve sore points and blockages in the body’s muscular system.
- Zhi Ya (pronouced “zee yah”) practitioners pinching and pressing techniques on the surface of the skin, as in Acupressure, Reflexology and Qigong.
In both types of traditional Chinese massage, the practitioner’s aim is to release both physical and energetic tension, in order to restore a sense of balance and kickstart the body’s own healing process.
What are the potential benefits of Chinese Massage?
Chinese massage is an alternative therapy that is used widely around the globe. There are many benefits to incorporate Chinese massage into your life.
Can increase energy
Whether you need to speed up (“yang” energy) or slow down (“yin” energy), a Chinese massage practitioner will be able to determine which vigorous or relaxing techniques to apply to help you find inner peace. Chinese massage may also help you to improve your sleep quality, leaving you ready to face a new day with renewed enthusiasm.
2. Speed up recovery of soft tissue injuries
If you’re experiencing pain or stiffness relating to lower back pain, frozen shoulder or sciatica, massaging soft tissue increases blood flow, which may result in relief of stiffness and pain reduction.
3. Boost your circulation
The main meridians in the body also run alongside the cardiovascular system, meaning that qi has physiological ties to healthy circulation. Hand techniques, including perpendicular pressure and a rolling fist, stimulate and re-energise blood flow
4.Break down scar tissue
For people with stiff joints and reduced mobility due to past injuries, massage therapy can assist in increasing your range of motion and easing soreness
5.Support emotional health
Underpinned by its philosophy of balance, the healing touch massage may be a particularly supportive and refreshing therapy for those feeling low or overwhelmed. On a physical level, muscular release can reduce stress and aid sleep, while energetic blockages can contain emotional tension in the body which may contribute to anxiety and depression.
Who would Chinese Massage be good for?
Chinese massage techniques are used in a wide range of treatments, including Reflexology and energizing massages. As this kind of massage can be used in so many different ways, it is important to ensure that you’re receiving the right treatment for your personal goals, so always discuss your needs with your therapist in advice.
Although Chinese massage may involve pressure or pinching when releasing blockages, it should never be so intense that it becomes painful. You should leave your treatment feeling refreshed and revitalised, and may find the benefits are cumulative over several appointment
What Is Acupressure? The Traditional Chinese Medicine Has Pretty Awesome Science Behind It
Acupressure, like its close cousin acupuncture, is a medicinal method that emerged from traditional Chinese medicine, and has been part of the alternative or complementary medical world for a long time. And studies may indicate that it has real medical value in specific situations — even if it’s just a placebo effect or the product of a calming environment. Acupuncture works by targeting certain pressure points on the body with steady force (acupuncture uses a needle, while acupressure merely uses fingers) and is thought in Chinese medicine to be a way of regulating bodily energy aiding disease healing and helping health. Even if you don’t buy into ideas about energy and flow, however, the idea of targeted massage, whether by yourself or others, at particular acupressure points across the body has been extensively researched, and it reveals some intriguing possibilities for helping sleep, stress, and nausea in particular.
“There are acupuncture points all around the body on the meridian lines that have different uses and effects,” The points help balance the body’s energy flow (qi). Acupressure is when these points are stimulated through applying pressure.” It’s suggested that placing force on some acupressure points actually helps the body because it stimulates the same brain pathways as pain relief drugs. A study in 2015 noted that applying pressure to a particular acupressure point on rats reduces activity in one of the brains stress pathways and may therefore reduce pain, but it’s unknown whether this same mechanism occurs in humans. Whether this is true or not, when you delve into the science of acupressure’s efficacy, you start to discover it’s more than it might appear.
What is Sports Massage?
Sports massage goes beyond promoting relaxation and pain relief.
It can help improve performance and prevent injury – in addition to helping the body recover from injuries associated with physical activity.
Sports can be repetitive, especially for runners, cyclists, racquet sports players and weightlifters. Sports massage helps release that muscle tension and promote tissue repair and muscle balance for a safer next workout.
In Japanese, shiatsu means “finger pressure.” For shiatsu massage, the therapist uses varied, rhythmic pressure on certain precise points of the body. These points are called acupressure points, and they are believed to be important for the flow of the body’s vital energy, called chi. Proponents say shiatsu massage can help relieve blockages at these acupressure points.
The many health benefits of Shiatsu Massage
What is a Combination Massage?
A Combination Massage is a massage integrating more than one style or massage modality. It can combine techniques from Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, reflexology, trigger point therapy and hot stone. These combinations are used to tailor the massage towards your personal preferences and specific needs.
What should you expect during a combination massage?
During a combination massage, you will lie unclothed on a massage bed, covered with towels. The therapist will likely ask you which parts of the body you’d like to focus on – it’s totally fine to choose an overall body massage.
The therapist will use their expertise to combine techniques from multiple massage types to best benefit your specific needs. This blend of techniques should relieve stress and tension in your body, and provide pain relief if needed.
What are the benefits of a combination massage?
A combination massage is a great choice for someone not as familiar with massage. It can help you discover your preferred massage technique in one quick session. Or, allow you to enjoy multiple modalities at once.
In addition, certain combinations are said to amplify the healing effects of massage. For example, a Swedish massage combined with a hot stone may increase circulation and metabolism quicker than using only one style.
How do you know which styles the massage will include?
A therapist will use her discretion in tailoring a massage based on your individual needs. Before the massage, don’t be shy in communicating your goals of the massage – such as relaxation or relief of tension. During the massage, tell your therapist if you find a particular style that you like or dislike. You can also check with the day spa or massage place beforehand to find out which modalities a combination massage tends to include.
Prices for Combination Foot and Body Massage
60 minutes $60.00
( 15 min Head, Shoulder Arms and Hands + 20 min Feet + 25 min Back with Oil )
75 minutes $75.00
( 15 min Head, Shoulder Arms and Hands + 25 min Feet + 35 min Back with Oil )
( 15 min Head, Shoulder Arms and Hands + 30 min Feet + 45 min Back with Oil )
What Is Foot Massage Reflexology ?
Health Benefits of a Foot Reflexology Massage
There are five immediate health benefits of using a massage chair:
1. It aligns the spine and reduces pressure on nerves.A reclining chair reduces pressure on the spine by supporting the back in a horizontal position. Major nerves run through the vertebrae to peripheral areas of the body including hands, feet, fingers and toes. Tension in the spine or misaligned vertebrae can compress nerves. As muscles that support the vertebrae relax, the spine lengthens and vertebrae resume their natural alignment. When impinged nerves are freed from pressure, nerve impulses travel easily through the spinal column to the extremities.
2. It relaxes your muscles and helps you to maintain good posture. Massage chairs target specific muscles and use several kinds of strokes to relieve pain. As muscles relax, imbalances are corrected. Relaxed muscles allow the body to move with increased mobility. A natural tendency to alleviate pain is to compensate by using another set of muscles. This often places undue stress on adjacent muscles and ligaments. For example, a sore hip may make someone sit unevenly to reduce pressure on the painful side. This causes the muscles along the lower spine to bear weight unevenly. Neck or shoulder muscles may become strained from misalignment or from bearing weight usually held by the lower spine. After a session in a massage chair, many people feel that their posture and balance have improved.
3. It relieves stress. Stress affects not only mental well-being; it has a physiological impact on health as well. Stress may cause sleeplessness, poor appetite or high blood pressure. Alleviating stress reduces levels of cortisol in the bloodstream, which helps to control blood pressure.
4. It improves your circulation. Increased circulation promotes healing. Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to cells and organs and removes toxins. Constricted, tense muscles can constrict blood flow. By relaxing muscles, blood flows to the tissues and organs. The Mayo Clinic reports that some studies suggest that the immune system is strengthened by massage.
5. It stimulates the body’s secretion of endorphins.Endorphins are neurotransmitters that help to reduce the perception of pain and lessen the effects of stress. Endorphins create a feeling of well-being and enhance immune response. Studies have shown that massage triggers secretion of endorphins.
Massage chairs not only ease aches and pains, but can help relaxation and lower stress. Using a massage chair can have a positive effect on both your physical and mental health.
Dry Massage Therapy
As the name goes, a dry massage doesn’t include any oil application. A dry massage is usually a full-body massage that’ll be pretty intense because it could involve stretching and working on your body’s pressure points. Take a Thai massage or Chinese massage for example, and you’ll get a dry massage at its best.
Now, you may say, “I’ve tried a Thai/Swedish massage, so will it count as a dry massage too because it’s part Thai?” No, it won’t be a pure or traditional dry massage. For instance, if you get a traditional Thai massage, then you’re going for a dry massage that’ll be powerfully rough yet rejuvenating. If you go for a fusion Thai/Swedish, then it will usually incorporate oil and combine aspects of both Thai and Swedish massage.
Apart from the Thai and Chinese variants, there are countless Asian Massage styles that’ll be done without any oil or lotion. Because this massage style is darn intense and doesn’t involve the use of any specific lubricant, it’s always advisable to wear comfortable, loose clothing while getting a dry massage. Plus, since there isn’t any lubricant, a dry massage will require therapists to work pretty hard. This massage type will have therapists using their knees, elbows, arms, feet, and hands for offering intense bodywork.
Why should you get a dry massage?
• Your body will reduce its stress levels.
• Because of its reduced stress levels, your body will be refreshed.
• Blood circulation of your body will be improved.
• This bodywork focuses on body and mind.
• You’ll improve your body’s flexibility with this bodywork
Lafayette Hand Massage Reflexology
Receiving a hand massage can provide you with significant health benefits. Hand massage typically is quick, relaxing and provides you with immediate health benefits, such as improved finger and wrist range of motion, enhanced circulation and reduction of your trigger points—hyperirritable nodules—in your hand muscles. Your hands contain many acupressure and reflexology points, which are associated with your organs and certain parts of your body.
nearly one in five adults—were suffering from some form of arthritis. The most common forms of arthritis in the hand are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation states that arthritis pain limits everyday activities such as dressing and bathing for more than 7 million Americans.
A study found that if you suffer from chronic arthritis in your hand, regular hand and wrist massage can reduce your pain and improve your grip strength. But those without arthritis can benefit from the pain-reducing effects of hand massage too. If you use your hands for repetitive tasks, such as typing, and you regularly experience pain or cramping, consider visiting a massage therapist for a hand massage. A licensed massage therapist will be able to detect and treat any trigger points in your hand, decreasing your pain and allowing you to continue your work in a pain-free state.
Improved circulation is one of the most important health benefits of massage therapy. Stimulating circulation in your hands is important, especially if you suffer from a condition such as Raynaud’s phenomenon—a painful condition of your fingers, toes and other areas—which is believed to be caused by a sharp and persistent contraction of a blood vessel, causing a marked reduction in blood flow to your fingers. The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, a division of the National Institutes of Health, states that massage is effective at stopping a Raynaud’s attack once it starts. Improving circulation in your hand is also important following surgery or after an injury, such as ligament sprains and muscle strains. Improved circulation to your injured tissues helps speed your healing by bringing more nutrients to the area of injury and removing the harmful metabolic byproducts that tend to accumulate in your tissues following trauma.
Improved Range of Motion
Hand massage helps loosen tight hand muscles, reduces scar tissue and adhesions that cause decreased finger and wrist mobility, and improves your hand’s various ranges of motion and flexibility. Trigger finger is one injury that responds particularly well to massage therapy. According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, a trigger finger occurs when your ability to move the tendon that opens and closes your finger is reduced, causing your finger to lock or catch when you extend it. The cause of trigger finger often is unknown, although it occurs more frequently in women than men, and it most frequently affects people between the ages of 40 and 60 years of age and those suffering from conditions such as diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis. Repetitive-Strain.com states that hand massage—specifically, cross-fiber friction massage immediately followed by active and passive stretches of your finger and ice massage of your affected tendon—is an effective method for treating your trigger finger and improving your finger’s range of motion.
“Lafayette Trigger Point Therapy
Muscle knots might seem like no big deal, until you feel their characteristic soreness and concentrated spikes of pain. Your freedom of movement is inhibited, and the demands of daily life only seem to wind these knots tighter. Sure, you can take an Advil to temporarily help the symptoms, but there’s a better, long-term (not to mention completely natural) solution. Meet trigger point therapy; it’s a special massage technique that targets tender muscle knots—so-called trigger points—to alleviate pain and tension.
Take it from Chunying Li, massage therapist and owner of Louisiana Massage Therapy Clinic in Lafayette Louisiana . “Trigger point therapy is a system of different points in the body that the therapist isolates and applies pressure on to relieve a pain that may be located in another area of the body—which is called referred pain.”
First things first: Trigger point therapy can be used almost everywhere on the body. “Many people receive trigger point therapy in larger muscle groups like the glutes, hamstrings, quads, trapezius and more,” says Millhouse. “But because trigger points send pain to areas that are hard to determine by the people experiencing it, sometimes therapy is needed in places you might not expect.” Think of places like your mouth (to combat TMJ), your neck (to help thoracic outlet and carpal tunnel syndromes), and even your pelvic floor. “Trigger points are found all over the body. Therefore, you can use them on any area of the body,” Lim says, although most of her clients experience them in the neck and shoulders.
It all starts with a nerve placed over a muscle fiber. “That area is called the motor end plate, or neuromuscular junction,” she says. “At the motor end plate, a chemical signal is sent from the nervous system that tells the muscle to contract. If there’s an imbalance in the area (often caused by an injury that strains the muscle or by repetitive overuse), then a trigger point can form. As far as the therapy is concerned, the sustained pressure applied by a massage therapist interrupts the nerve signal and causes the muscle to let go.” It will also “encourage blood and oxygen circulation and release lactic acid from that muscle,”
The difference between these two lies in their longevity and painfulness. “The active trigger point produces the unrelenting, debilitating pain, which motivates people to seek relief. It hurts when pressed with a finger, causing pain around it as well as referred pain to other areas. It causes the muscle in which it’s located to be weak and have limited flexibility.”
Contrastingly, latent trigger points aren’t as painful, though they can remain within the muscle for years at a time. “Unless you press on these trigger points and feel the tenderness, you probably won’t know they are there,” . “Most people have at least a few. Latent trigger points may persist for years after apparent recovery from injury, and while they generally don’t cause pain unless compressed, they do cause restricted movement, distorted muscle movement patterns, and stiffness and weakness of the affected muscle.”
Because of this, trigger point therapy is always helpful, even for those who don’t think they need it due to a lack of concentrated pain. “If you’ve ever thrown your back out or woken up with a painfully stiff neck, unable to turn your head, chances are that you may have some trigger points that became activated and then went back to a latent state after a few days of taking it easy,”
Tui Na Massage Near Me in Lafayette La
6 Benefits Of Tui Na Massage
An old Chinese proverb suggests, “relaxation is who you are, tension is who you think you should be.” Traditional Chinese Medicine has been using massage since the beginning of time, aging at about 3,000 years old. Traditional Chinese Medicine aims at keeping the energy, or qi, balanced in the body. The qi moves through the meridians. When the movement is stagnant, dis-ease occurs. When the energy is too low or too high, dis-ease occurs. The most common type of Traditional Chinese Medicine bodywork practiced today is called Tui Na massage.
Tui Na directly translated into English is “pressing and rubbing.” The Tui Na body worker will use pressing and rubbing techniques on the fascia in the body, to eventually get to moving the qi through the meridians. So how can this ancient method of bodywork assist with healing and what can it heal? Tui Na massage is usually combined with herbal remedies and acupuncture. Tui Na massage can help heal ailments caused from a build up from stress in the body and specific areas of tension and pain.
When stress builds up in the body, it can cause dis-ease. With certain ailments stress can make the condition worse, or get in the way of the healing process. Therefore, it is extremely important to crave time out of the day to take time to de-stress and relax. Tui Na massage can help relieve stress and help with the following ailments:
1. Insomnia: We’ve all had stressful nights where we toss and turn trying to get some zzz’s in, perhaps before a big day. Insomnia can be caused by stress, as well as cause stress to the body. It is important to health to get enough sleep each night. Tui Na massage can help someone unwind, and get a good night sleep at night. Tui Na massage works with the energy in the body. Therefore, if your energy needs to be sedated, the bodyworker can press on acupressure point that will help settle down the active energy. Bodywork in general has been known to help with insomnia, due to the ability to turn on the parasympathetic nervous system and turn off the sympathetic nervous system. In other words, it activates the part of your brain that tells your body to rest and digest and off the part that says fight or flight.
2.Irritable Bowel Syndrome: IBS can be irritated by stress and cause physical symptoms of constipation or diarrhea. Tui Na massage in combination with herbal and acupuncture treatments can be extremely helpful for those working with IBS. The cause of IBS is still unknown. However, since Traditional Chinese Medicine assists with ailments in an energetic and a holistic way, it is a great option for IBS. By pressing on the pressure point related to the colon it helps to balance the vital life force in that organ. Therefore, for the condition where there is too much energy, diarrhea, the bodyworker will aim to decrease the abundant energy. In addition, the condition where energy is lacking, constipation, the bodyworker will aim to increase the deficient energy. In conjunction, it is thought that IBS might be related to stress. Tui Na massage assists in reducing stress, making it an overall great choice for those who suffer from IBS. This will help the client to find balance in their colon, and help them find more balance in their overall well being.
3.Headaches: Occasionally headaches can be caused by stress and nervous tension in the body. As we know already, Tui Na massage help to relax the tension and stress in the body and in the mind. In addition, one can get a headache from the energy being stuck in the head, causing and imbalance, and a dis-ease. This formulates a headache. The beauty of Tui Na massage is that it circulates this energy. Helping the client find relief from their headaches.
Tui Na massage is also an effective remedy for ailments that are not directly related to stress. Tui Na massage can help with musculoskeletal ailments as well as neuromuscular ailments. Tui Na massage can help with these specific issues:
4. Any Pain in the Joints or Muscles: Tui Na massage help to soften the fascia in the body, helping to reduce pain in the areas in the joints or muscles. The fascia is the connective tissue in the body. In between each muscle and the skin, each muscle and another muscle, the organs and the muscle, the organs and the other organs, there is connective tissue. When it is tense and hard it causes pain an discomfort. Therefore, softening the connective tissue using Tui Na massage is a great way to find some pain relief.
5. Arthritis: According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Arthritis is a condition that is caused by too much dampness, or yin in the body. Tui Na massage helps to balance the yin and yang aspects in the body. In other words, it balances the hot and the cold. For a client coming in with Arthritis, a bodyworker would assist them in increasing the heat in the body and reducing the cold. Also, the softening of the fascia can be extremely helpful in finding some pain relief in the joints for those with Arthritis.
6. Sciatica: Sciatica is caused by the sciatic nerve sending impulses from the low back and could go all the way down to the lower legs. Tui Na massage helps with this neuromuscular condition by softening the connective tissue around the nerve. It also helps to relax muscles that might be pressing on the nerve. Sciatica can be caused to by blocked energy near the sciatic nerve. The movement of energy that Tui Na provides helps blood flow to the areas of the sciatic nerve as well. However, it cannot heal the any structural issues that are causing the sciatica. It is effective for pain relief, but not treatment of the cause, if the cause is structural.
There are many other great reasons to try Tui Na massage, these were just a few of my favorites. Tui Na massage can help a client get out of a place of tension, and get into a state of relaxation. Tui Na massage uses Traditional Chinese Medicine as a foundation for the style of bodywork. It is best received in conjunction with acupuncture and herbal remedies.